IA-Veterans Village is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then IA-VV is the place to start!
The Courage to Call Outreach Specialist is responsible for creating, implementing, and promoting community awareness and education of the Prevention & Early Intervention Program (Veteran Helpline). Responsible for community outreach efforts within the active duty, Veteran, Reserve, and Guard communities. The selected candidate will build positive awareness of a variety of professional-level community resources to help active duty, veterans, reserve, guards, and their families.
If you are a veteran looking to build on your outreach skills, while cultivating and maintaining an extensive referral network of providers, in and out of the military community, to assist your fellow veterans and their families, this may be the position for you!
- Promote the Courage to Call Program to outside agencies and the community Attend outreach/community events to promote Courage to Call program Develop and provide community outreach presentations for active duty and Veterans and their families
- Salesforce will be utilized to collect all necessary demographic and pertinent information and build reports to demonstrate the success of outcomes for the evaluation of programmatic performance
- Participate in focus groups
- Maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all active duty, Veterans Reserve, Guard, and their families
- Collect and input data as required by the program
- Maintain cultural competency by completing yearly New York County-mandated training
- Develop informal, formal, and other various networks for all veterans, military, guard, reserve, and their families
- Refer participants and their families to Peer to Peer line or Navigation as appropriate that will provide assistance with all issues facing the military community including but not limited to: military trauma, PTSD, employment, benefits, TBI and medical issues, and military sexual trauma Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Frequent Outreach to the homeless Veteran population
- Functions as liaison between IA-VV and MHS for Courage To Call purposes Speaking/Presenting to audiences large and small
- Organize and conduct C2C Food distributions and collect data for Courage to Call and County HHSA
- Participation as needed in special events such as Operation Dress Code, Stand Down
- Expect some weekend and evening work.
- Expect to use a personal vehicle to attend tabling events including light hauling of equipment as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of paid staff/employee supervision experience is preferred
- Strong computer skills in: MS Word, excellent Excel skills, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written (grammar and spelling) and verbal skills Must be very detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent professional phone skills
- Able to effectively interact, in a professional manner, with a variety of government agencies, state, county, city, and federal
- Ability to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Veteran Status a Must!
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of IA-VV, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- IA-Veterans Village is an equal-opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.