How to Apply
Eligible Veterans and Servicemembers may apply for either Veteran Readiness and Employment benefits or for Education/Career Counseling on-line through eBenefits. It’s simple to apply. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your eBenefits account.
- Select “Additional Benefits” from your Dashboard.
- Select “Veteran Readiness and Employment Program” – be sure to read the program information and to update your contact information – and apply for either the “Veteran Readiness and Employment Program” or “Education/Career Counseling”.
- If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session, in-person, at the nearest VA Regional Office.
- Servicemembers who have a disability that began or became worse during active duty and who have not yet received a service-connected disability (SCD) rating do not need to wait to apply. See VA Form 28-0588 for further instructions.
For Servicemembers: Ill or injured Servicemembers who have not yet received a SCD rating do not need to wait to apply. Servicemembers expecting a discharge that is other than dishonorable who possess a VA memorandum or Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) rating of 20 percent or more—as well as Servicemembers currently going through a Physical Evaluation Board—may be eligible to receive VR&E services.