PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job!
IA-Veterans Village is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then IA-VV is the place to start!
Our SUD Counselor is pivotal to the success of our clients. You will build rapport with our clients, troubleshoot barriers to treatment, and ensure each client utilizes the components of their service plan.
- They perform intake interviews and assessments and refer clients to appropriate community resources.
- They perform individual addiction counseling and manage all assigned clients through treatment completion and follow-up.
- Facilitating structured didactic groups and processes Assisting residents with individual treatment
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Hold current CCAPP RADT Status
- Basic understanding of Veterans’ benefits
- Ability to fluently read, write, and communicate in Possess a valid New York Driver’s License and vehicle
- Ability to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Being a Veteran is a PLUS but not required!
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
If you were a client of IA-VV, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
IA-Veterans Village is an equal-opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran